Saturday 17 January 2015

Nature walk, and attempting to Snow Board!

Hello again and thanks for tuning into another Findlater's travel blog. 
First of all I would like to apologize as there are a lot of photos of me in this one, as Kyran decided to be the photographer for most events this week.

In this blog there are a lot of nature photos as I decided to go for a walk and snap some shots before the snow melted again.  
The situation was that a week back we had a huge dump of snow and everything was covered in it then we had rain which melted the snow off the trees. After the rain we had some nights where there was a fair amount of frost so there began to be a build up of crystal growth which lead to the trees becoming very white all over. 
One day on my way home from work I noticed that the frost had started to melt off again, so I ran home and got my camera and took the following photos:






 
 
 

 This last photo was an attempt at capturing the crystal structure and to show how it only built up on the side of the tree that is protected from the wind. 
I hope you enjoyed the photos, and now we move on the the rest of the weeks shenanigans.

Next up I finally had a chance to try my new snow board and boots out. 
You know what they say about learning to ride a bike, well its not quite the same as snowboarding. 
Lets just say that my butt now hurts!

The two photos below are me doing what I do best, Kyran calls it 'leafing' it's a way to get down the hill without having to face down the hill and gain speed, but it doesn't count as snowboarding and feels like you have shin splints.


 Next are the moments that Kyran so graciously captured of my suffering and despair.

 

 Here are some action shots, I actually started to get the hang of it!

 

Well that's all the snow boarding shots for now here are some photos of the snow mounds that are around the place and how big they are. Some are this big because of the snow ploughs pushing them up into big banks.





This is just a funny thing we noticed, someone backed up into the snow and it left their number plate imprint in the snow.


I was hyperactive on my way back from work and well the following is what poor Kyran captured.



That's all for now! We were going to go watch a local ice hockey team (the Vernon Vipers) on Saturday but those plans were cancelled, perhaps we'll get a chance to do that some time in the near future.

Thanks for tuning in, that is us for another week! Oh and congratulations to my who got married (officially) this week and good luck for their Spanish traditional wedding to come in March.

"The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love."

No comments:

Post a Comment